Church

Bath Central United Reformed Church

  • Follow us on Twitter
  • Follow us Facebook

This church has a combined ministry with Larkhall United Reformed Church and Rush Hill United Reformed Church.

The United Reformed Church was founded in 1972 being an amalgamation of most of the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in England and Wales.  This church was enlarged in 1980 when Churches of Christ joined this young denomination.
    HISTORY OF BATH CENTRAL UNITED REFORMED CHURCH  

Central United Reformed Church, Bath came into being in 1981 when two existing United Reformed Churches merged.  These were Argyle URC, previously Argyle Congregational Church, and Trinity URC, previously Trinity Presbyterian Church.  The new merged church used the Argyle Church premises while Trinity's historical Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel was sold.
  THE BUILDINGS OF BATH CENTRAL UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

The first service at the Argyle Street hapel took place on 4th October 1789.  The original building only had a back gallery, the side galleries being installed in 1793 and the organ gallery in 1804.  In 1862 the original flat ceiling was removed so as to improve light and ventilation. The exposed beams being a most attractive feature today.
 
ACTIVITIES OF BATH CENTRAL  UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
The church has various organisations for members as well as two societies that are open to non members.  The Argyle Players (a drama group) and The Argyle String Orchestra.

The extensive church halls are used by a large number of outside organisations.  

Local advertisements:

Advertise with us

Trip Advisor: