Outdoor

Beaufort Polo Club

  • Follow us on Twitter
  • Follow us Facebook

Beaufort Polo Club in Gloucestershire, though in it’s present form only nineteen years old, is really a revival of a hunt polo club which must have been one of the first if not the first, of the country polo clubs. The old Club was inaugurated in 1872 by Colonel Frank Henry, who had just returned from the ninth Lancers, which was the regiment responsible for bringing the sport of polo to England, and had, just three years previously played the historic polo match against the 10 hussars.

The present Club was formed during the Winter of 1928-1929 by a few members of the Beaufort Hunt under the presidency of the Duke of Beaufort. An ideal site was found in the Big Field at Norton, between Malmesbury and Hullavington on the Pinkney Estate.

The Beaufort Polo Club as it is known now is a small friendly polo club set alongside the Westonbirt Arboretum in one of the most beautiful parts of England. The serenity and tranquillity of the surrounding Cotswold countryside are in complete contrast to the speed and energy of the sport of polo. It is simply one of the most exciting games in the World for player and spectator.

Local advertisements:

Advertise with us

Trip Advisor: